This 40’ all steel box car was one of 16 owned by the Cone Mills Corporation in Greensboro. It was obtained in the early 1970s to shuttle materials from one plant to another within the city limits of Greensboro, North Carolina. It was donated to the Greensboro Chapter of the NRHS and was restored by the chapter. After a complete restoration, the box car was donated to the North Carolina Museum of Transportation in Spencer, where it can be seen today.
This car was built by Pullman at their Bessermer Alabama plant in September of 1937 as the Central of Georgia 4485. The car is a 1932 ARA design, one of 500 ordered by Central of Georgia in 1937 (numbers 4000 - 4499). The car has Murphy Panel Roof and 4/4 Dreadnaught ends.